The countdown to summer is ON! Now is the time to make small changes (a little something we like to call moderation), so you can feel confident while you’re strutting your stuff down the boardwalk. Here are five tips to get you in tip-top shape for swimsuit season:
1. Stay Hydrated: Make sure you are getting enough water. Regardless of your size, if you’re working out regularly, you need at least 64 oz. of this clear heaven. Hydrate wisely by mixing water in with drinks that contain antioxidants and electrolytes to replenish depleted levels due to sun and exercise.
2. Up Your Hygiene Game: A lot more skin gets displayed in the warmer weather and you’ll want to be ready. Bronze your bod with a tanner, get rid of unwanted hair, moisturize your skin, and shape up those nails and toes! And of course, don’t forget to slather on the sunscreen, so you don’t have to worry about a thing while you’re at the pool sipping Mai Tais.
3. Snack Smart: Choose fruits! They’re in season, snack-sized, portable, and they will help you hydrate and reduce the bloat that fatty foods produce.
4. Come Out of Hibernation: It’s time to rekindle relationships. Summer is the time for spending time with friends and family. Get ready for pool parties, BBQs, beach trips, hikes, and outdoor activities. Get in touch with your peeps to get motivated and grab an easy endorphin rush.
5. Switch Up Your Exercise Routine: Add something new to your existing kick-ass routine. Jump rope, incorporate yoga, stretch, foam roll, get outdoors, indoor cycle, plank, use a TRX suspension trainer, try a glider routine, or sign up for kickboxing.
There are a million things you could do to feel perfect at the pool or pier this summer, but remember that the most important thing you can bring is your confidence. You’ve got this! Bring it on, summer.
–CycleStar Instructor Kim of Hoboken, New Jersey